Last modified: February 28, 2016
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
- This Agreement, which incorporates by reference other provisions applicable to use of the Website, including, but not limited to, supplemental terms and conditions set forth hereof (“Supplemental Terms”) governing the use of certain specific material contained in the Website, sets forth the terms and conditions that apply to use of the Website by User. By using the Website (other than to read this Agreement for the first time), User agrees to comply with all of the terms and conditions hereof. The right to use the Website is personal to User and is not transferable to any other person or entity. User is responsible for all use of User’s Account(s) (as that term is defined below), (under any screen name or password, and for ensuring that all use of User’s Account complies fully with the provisions of this Agreement. User shall be responsible for protecting the confidentiality of User’s password(s), if any.
- The Company shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Website including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use.
3.DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
Through its Web property, the Company provides customers with a specialized teaching experience in designing and developing a personalized website for your handmade business. Users will have access to a variety of resources, including course modules, which may include written text, audio files, video files, product information, zipped plugins and access to a private Facebook group.
4. USER CONDUCT
- User shall use the Website for lawful purposes only. User shall not upload, post, share or otherwise transmit through the Website any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law, or which, without the Company’s express prior approval, contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services. Any conduct by a User that in the Company’s sole discretion restricts or inhibits any other User from using or enjoying the Website will not be permitted. User shall not use the Website to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation, including, but not limited to, the solicitation of users to become subscribers of other services competitive with the Company.
- The Website contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the entire contents of the Website are copyrighted as a collective work under the copyright laws of the United States. The Company owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. User may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part. User may download copyrighted material for User’s personal use only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express permission of the Company and the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. User acknowledges that it does not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
- User shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on the Website any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right and the burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright rests with User. User shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission. By submitting material to any public area of the Website, User automatically grants, or warrants that the owner of such material has expressly granted the Company the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such material. User also permits any other User to access, view, and store or reproduce the material for that User’s personal use. User hereby grants the Company the right to edit, copy, publish and distribute any material made available on the Website by User.
- The foregoing provisions of this Section are for the benefit of the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates and its third party content providers and licensors and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf.
5. NOTICE SPECIFIC TO SOFTWARE AND OTHER MEDIA AVAILABLE ON CHARLIE’S MERCANTILE
The Services may entail software, videos files (such as MP4 files) that are made available to download (individually and collectively, the “Software”). Any such Software is the copyrighted work of the Company and/or its suppliers. Use of the Software is governed by the terms of the end user license agreement, if any, which accompanies or is included with the Software (“License Agreement”). An end user will be unable to install any Software that is accompanied by or includes a License Agreement, unless he or she first agrees to the License Agreement terms.
The Software is made available for download solely for use by end users according to the License Agreement. Any reproduction or redistribution of the Software not in accordance with the License Agreement is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, COPYING OR REPRODUCTION OF THE SOFTWARE TO ANY OTHER SERVER OR LOCATION FOR FURTHER REPRODUCTION OR REDISTRIBUTION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED, UNLESS SUCH REPRODUCTION OR REDISTRIBUTION IS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED BY THE LICENSE AGREEMENT ACCOMPANYING SUCH SOFTWARE. THE SOFTWARE IS WARRANTED, IF AT ALL, ONLY ACCORDING TO THE TERMS OF THE LICENSE AGREEMENT. EXCEPT AS WARRANTED IN THE LICENSE AGREEMENT, THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, THE COMPANY MAY MAKE AVAILABLE AS PART OF THE SERVICES OR IN ITS SOFTWARE PRODUCTS, TOOLS AND UTILITIES FOR USE AND/OR DOWNLOAD. THE COMPANY DOES NOT MAKE ANY ASSURANCES WITH REGARD TO THE ACCURACY OF THE RESULTS OR OUTPUT THAT DERIVES FROM SUCH USE OF ANY SUCH TOOLS AND UTILITIES. PLEASE RESPECT THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF OTHERS WHEN USING THE TOOLS AND UTILITIES MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICES.
6. NOTICE SPECIFIC TO DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE
Permission to use Documents (such as white papers, press releases, datasheets and FAQs) from the Services is granted, provided that (1) the below copyright notice appears in all copies and that both the copyright notice and this permission notice appear, (2) use of such Documents from the Services is for informational and non-commercial or personal use only and will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in any media, and (3) no modifications of any Documents are made. Accredited educational institutions, such as universities, private/public colleges, and state community colleges, may download and reproduce the Documents for distribution in the classroom. Distribution outside the classroom requires express written permission. Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.
THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED AS PART OF THE SERVICES FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL SUCH DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THE SERVICES.
THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THE SERVICES COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE PRODUCT(S) AND/OR THE PROGRAM(S) DESCRIBED HEREIN AT ANY TIME.
7. NOTICES REGARDING SOFTWARE, DOCUMENTS AND SERVICES AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE
- IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF SOFTWARE, DOCUMENTS, PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES, OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THE SERVICES.
8. MATERIALS PROVIDED TO THE COMPANY OR POSTED AT ANY OF ITS WEBSITE ADDRESSS
The Company does not claim ownership of the materials User provides to the Company (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit to any Services or its associated services for review by the general public, or by the members of any public or private community, (each a “Submission” and collectively “Submissions”). However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting (“Posting”) a Submission, User is granting the Company, its affiliated companies and necessary sublicensees permission to use User’s Submission in connection with the operation of their Internet businesses (including, without limitation, all the Company Services), including, without limitation, the license rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat User’s Submission; to publish User’s name in connection with User’s Submission; and the right to sublicense such rights to any supplier of the Services.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- USER EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT USER’S SOLE RISK. NEITHER THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE WEBSITE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
- THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. USER SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE COMPANY IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD-PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH USER.
- IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING THE WEBSITE OR THE COMPANY SOFTWARE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE. USER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE.
- IN ADDITION TO THE TERMS SET FORTH ABOVE NEITHER, THE COMPANY, NOR ITS AFFILIATES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR CONTENT PARTNERS SHALL BE LIABLE REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OR DURATION, FOR ANY ERRORS, INACCURACIES, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER DEFECTS IN, OR UNTIMELINESS OR UNAUTHENTICITY OF, THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE WEBSITE, OR FOR ANY DELAY OR INTERRUPTION IN THE TRANSMISSION THEREOF TO THE USER, OR FOR ANY CLAIMS OR LOSSES ARISING THEREFROM OR OCCASIONED THEREBY. NONE OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS OR LOSSES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
- FORCE MAJEURE – NEITHER PARTY WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURE OR DELAY IN PERFORMANCE DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACTS OF GOD, WAR, RIOT, EMBARGOES, ACTS OF CIVIL OR MILITARY AUTHORITIES, FIRE, FLOODS, ACCIDENTS, SERVICE OUTAGES RESULTING FROM EQUIPMENT AND/OR SOFTWARE FAILURE AND/OR TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURES, POWER FAILURES, NETWORK FAILURES, FAILURES OF THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS (INCLUDING PROVIDERS OF INTERNET SERVICES AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS). THE PARTY AFFECTED BY ANY SUCH EVENT SHALL NOTIFY THE OTHER PARTY WITHIN A MAXIMUM OF FIFTEEN (15) DAYS FROM ITS OCCURENCE. THE PERFORMANCE OF THS AGREEMENT SHALL THEN BE SUSPENDED FOR AS LONG AS ANY SUCH EVENT SHALL PREVENT THE AFFECTED PARTY FROM PERFORMING ITS OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
10. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
CERTAIN LINKS ON THE WEBSITE MAY LET YOU LEAVE THE COMPANY’S SITE. THE LINKED SITES ARE NOT UNDER THE CONTROL OF THE COMPANY AND THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENTS OF ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY LINK CONTAINED IN A LINKED SITE, OR ANY CHANGES OR UPDATES TO SUCH SITES. THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBCASTING OR ANY OTHER FORM OF TRANSMISSION RECEIVED FROM ANY LINKED SITE. THE COMPANY IS PROVIDING THESE LINKS TO YOU ONLY AS A CONVENIENCE, AND THE INCLUSION OF ANY LINK DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT BY THE COMPANY OF THE SITE.
11. UNSOLICITED IDEA SUBMISSION POLICY
NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES ACCEPTS OR CONSIDERS UNSOLICITED IDEAS, INCLUDING IDEAS FOR NEW ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS, NEW PROMOTIONS, NEW PRODUCTS OR TECHNOLOGIES, PROCESSES, MATERIALS, MARKETING PLANS OR NEW PRODUCT NAMES. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY ORIGINAL CREATIVE ARTWORK, SAMPLES, DEMOS, OR OTHER WORKS. THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY IS TO AVOID POTENTIAL MISUNDERSTANDINGS OR DISPUTES WHEN THE COMPANY’S PRODUCTS OR MARKETING STRATEGIES MIGHT SEEM SIMILAR TO IDEAS SUBMITTED TO THE COMPANY. SO, PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR UNSOLICITED IDEAS TO THE COMPANY OR ANYONE AT THE COMPANY. IF, DESPITE OUR REQUEST THAT YOU NOT SEND US YOUR IDEAS AND MATERIALS, YOU STILL SEND THEM, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THE COMPANY MAKES NO ASSURANCES THAT YOUR IDEAS AND MATERIALS WILL BE TREATED AS CONFIDENTIAL OR PROPRIETARY.
The Company shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of the Website, including chat rooms and forums, to determine compliance with this Agreement and any operating rules established by the Company and to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. The Company shall have the right in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on the Website. Without limiting the foregoing, the Company shall have the right to remove any material that the Company, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof or otherwise objectionable.
- User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of the use of the Company by User or User’s Account.
- Either the Company or User may terminate this Agreement at any time. Without limiting the foregoing, the Company shall have the right to immediately terminate User’s Account in the event of any conduct by User which the Company, in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach by User of this Agreement.
15. DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
A. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (‘DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.0 51 2(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You may direct copyright infringement notifications to our DMCA Agent at email: email@example.com. For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to the Company’s customer service through Support@CharliesMercantile.com. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
B. Counter-Notice. If you believe that your Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in New York City, New York, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, the Company may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at the Company’s sole discretion.
This Agreement and any operating rules for the Website established by the Company constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all previous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to such subject matter. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import.
17. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS
All contents of this Website and the Services, including, but not limited to, the Company name, Charlie’s Mercantile, the Company logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans, are either trademarks of the Company and/or copyrighted © 2017 Charlie’s Mercantile. All rights reserved. You may not claim intellectual or exclusive ownership to any of our products, modified or unmodified. All products are property of Charlie’s Mercantile. Other product and company names may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS STATED ABOVE OR TO ANY CHANGES MADE IN THESE TERMS, PLEASE EXIT THIS WEBSITE AND SERVICE IMMEDIATELY.
18. CLASS ACTION/JURY TRIAL WAIVER
WITH RESPECT TO ALL PERSONS AND ENTITIES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY HAVE OBTAINED OR USED THE SERVICE FOR PERSONAL, COMMERCIAL OR OTHER PURPOSES, ALL CLAIMS MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION, COLLECTIVE ACTION, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THIS WAIVER APPLIES TO CLASS ARBITRATION, AND, UNLESS WE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS. YOU AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT, YOU AND WE ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION, COLLECTIVE ACTION, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OF ANY KIND.
- YOUR COMMENTS AND CONCERNS
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: Support@Charliesmercantile.com.
Thank you for visiting the Website.